Christmas Bedwetting Quiz!
Test your bedwetting knowledge with our Christmas Bedwetting Quiz!
If you'd like to use this quiz at a Christmas party, why not download our free printable version here?
Approximately how many children aged 5-16 wet the bed in the UK?
At what age should advice/treatment be sought if a child is still wetting the bed?
a. 3 years old
b. 5 years old
c. 7 years old
What is the likelihood that a child will wet the bed if both their parents wet their beds as children?
What is the medical term for nighttime bedwetting?
a. Nocturnal Enuresis
b. Hygro Hypnos
c. Diurnal Enuresis
What is the first-line treatment for bedwetting recommend in the NICE Guidelines?
c. Bedwetting Alarms
Who invented the body-worn bedwetting alarm?
a. Dr Jones
b. Dr Malem
c. Dr Seuss
What is the average length of time that it takes to achieve dryness with a bedwetting alarm?
a. 10.4 weeks
b. 10.4 months
c. 10.4 years
What percentage of children achieve dryness after using bedwetting alarms?
- C - Bedwetting is very common - around half a million (500,000) children in the UK aged 5-16 regularly wet the bed
- B - NICE guidelines state that treatment should be given to children aged 5 and over
- C - If both parents wet their beds as children, there is a 72% chance that a child will inherit this trait
- A - The medical term for nighttime bedwetting is “nocturnal enuresis”. “Diurnal enuresis” means daytime wetting.
- C - Bedwetting alarms are recommended as first-line treatment by NICE
- B - Dr Malem invented the body-worn bedwetting alarm in 1979.
- A - Cutting et al. (2007) found that it took an average of 10.4 weeks for children to achieve long-term dryness with a bedwetting alarm
- C - A recent study of 3,000 children aged 6-16 years old found a 73% success rate after bedwetting alarm treatment
How did you do?
0-2 correct answers: THE BEDWETTING BEGINNER
It’s the taking part that counts…! Try reading the “Tips & Advice” blog on our website to pick up lots of facts and information about bedwetting.
3-5 correct answers: THE BEDWETTING STUDENT
Good effort! To learn more information about bedwetting and cures, why not take a look at the NICE guidelines?
6-8 correct answers: THE BEDWETTING DOCTOR
Well done! Your bedwetting knowledge is top notch! Stay up to date with bedwetting news and research by following us on twitter, or by signing up to our e-mails.